Sunday, December 23, 2012

Cooler Master ELITE 430 BLACK

I am planning new workstation rig, somewhere in time... but rapid hardware trends on the market made me to slow down with buying and go component by component. After some research about the pricing / look / brand for the first step I choose COOLER MASTER ELITE 430 BLACK with transparent side cover. Its made of thin metal and thin plastic makes me think "do I really want new workstation in this mid/small case???". No! Some other, less valuable and less demanding rig should be used here.


From my point of view, I expected a bit more but, its ok for the money value. The case is classic mid tower and not so tough and big as it looks like on the pictures or youtube reviews.


 

I noticed few nice functional / cosmetic things like holes for hiding cables, 120mm cooler master led fan on the front for sucking air over hard discs, two 120mm fan holes on the bottom and on the top of the case (no fans included and NOT SUITABLE for Corsair H100!!!) with dust filters. I am not a fan of this top openings cos it looks threatening if you spill coffee or something on the top of a case, it wouldn't be good. Its very important to think about cooling u want to use because the case is small and you will have problems with, as I said, Corsair H100 and even with H60 and H80 if you attend to use X79 based motherboard because of memory modules.... Think about this! Other things about the case are standard so I don't have to take your time talking about it.